2021 Application for Education Department Internships at the Maria Mitchell Association
Deadline: February 15, 2021, 11pm EST, or until all positions are filled.
Fill out the following online form. For descriptions of the available positions, please click here. At the bottom of this page, please upload the documents listed below in PDF format. If your documentation was uploaded successfully, you will receive an automated email confirmation that includes a PDF file of your entire application, including your uploaded PDF documents. Please note: If you do not receive this completed PDF file, your application materials were not uploaded successfully and will not be processed. Questions may be sent to Kim Botelho, Director of Education, at email@example.com.
1) Cover Letter:Your cover letter should be a maximum of one page describing your background and interests, why you are excited to participate in an Environmental Education Internship, any specific experience or skills that would make you an ideal candidate, which position you are most excited about, where you saw the position advertised, and any other information you wish to share.
2) Resume:Two pages maximum. Include information about any previous internships, jobs, coursework, or volunteer experience relevant to your application.
3) Questions:Please answer the following questions. Each answer should be no more than 10 sentences.
1. Describe any experiences you have teaching and/or working with children and families.
2. What qualities define an excellent teacher? Why do you believe these are important?
3. Describe any experience you have maintaining a positive attitude while working in challenging environments and weather conditions.
4. Do you hold a current Lifeguard Certification? If so, please share the total years you have been certified and the expiration date of your certification. Feel free to include other relevant certifications such as First Aid, Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness First Responder, etc...
5. Training for Environmental Education Interns will begin on May 31, 2021, with an expected arrival no later than Sunday, May 30th. Training for for the Assistant Education Coordinator and the NLP position begins on May 24. Interns may be able to arrive up to two weeks earlier. Please tell us your preferred arrival date and make sure you can arrive in time to begin the position for which you have applied.
6. There are two possible end dates for all positions: either Saturday August 21st or 28th. You must be able to stay for the full length of the option you choose. Please indicate the end date you prefer.